Saturday, September 26, 2009

On The Road Again

Well, we just left the rest area located just inside the Maryland border (exit 94?). Starbucks, Cinnabon, Popeye's, Burger King, and a convenience store which had no DC or Baltimore newspapers.

Grabbed a Cherry Coke Zero for $1.90 (vending machine costs $2). Finished the sandwich I bought in the Bronx. Wasn't hungry, but I didn't want to bother people on the bus.

Near the entrance is the ubiquitous souvenir penny mangler. It caught my eye because one of the dies commemorates Frank Zappa, a native son of Baltimore!

Had a fitful nap (lower back stayed awake), rest break, now trying to read Mill's On Liberty. It has clear writing, but my mind keeps wandering. (Exit 85)

Heh... coincidence that I'm reading that on the way to DC...

No comments:

Post a Comment