Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Pleasant Valley Sunday

On the Metro, excellent signal coverage!

I live in New York, and sleep with the window open. Most noises do not bother me. Last night, sleeping in a lower bunk, the creaks of the bunk would wake me. Finally, my bladder signalled, so I took a shower at Six, then ate a hearty and free continental breakfast.

SPX opens at Noon (to accomodate those who stayed up late), so I spent the morning on The Mall, then walked up 21st past the National Academy of Sciences. (I once seduced an old college flame at the Einstein Memorial, thereby establishing my Freak Geek cred.)

Once I reached New Hampshire, it led to Dupont Circle. Books-A-Million is now located where SuperCrown Books, my former employer once was. Nice layout, a little freaky... like returning to your childhood home but now someone else is living there.

Metro just reached Grosvenor, so more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment