Monday, February 8, 2010

This Looks Like A Job For...

Today, I am on my way to the Hall of Justice. No, not the one in Metropolis with Superman and Wonder Dog. The one in the Bronx. As a registered voter, I have once again been summoned to serve. I have no opinion against jury duty. It is only required once every four years in the Bronx, and, like taxes, is a requirement necessary to keep a democracy functioning.

I do not know what type of case I might be called for, if I am found suitable. I probably will not blog about it, lest someone misplace their anger and frustration.

Last time, I read Tom Wolfe's "Streamline Baby" collection of essays while I waited. This time, Terry Pratchett's Unseen Academicals. I'm sure he's written one or two Discworld novels about the Justice System, but this is his latest.

See you soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment